martes, 5 de noviembre de 2013

Giving advice

*Remember that GIVING ADVICE is to help a friend with a problem*

Here you are some useful phrases for the language function of GIVING ADVICE and recommendations
to other people:


 You should…
 I think you should…
I think you need to ...
 Why don’t you…
 How about…
 I suggest….. .
How about ...?

My suggestion / advice is (to) ...
Why don't you ...?
You could (try) ...
You probably/definitely/really should ...
Have you tried ...?
I (would) (strongly) suggest/advise that ...
If I was/were you, I'd ...
In my experience, ... works really well.
It's generally best/a good idea to...
One idea is to ...
One thing you could/should/have to do is ...
The best/most important thing (to do) is to ...
If I were in your shoes, I'd ...
If that happened to me/In that case/If I had that problem, I'd ...
My (main/personal) recommendation is/would be ...
You'd better ...
Make sure you (don't) ...
Whatever you do, ...
... is worth a try.
A wise man once said ...
As the proverb says, ...







No hay comentarios: